MonoGram Early Career Excellence Awards
Nominations are invited for the 5th annual MonoGram Early Career Excellence Award (MECEA) to be awarded at the 2017 MonoGram meeting in Bristol.
We seek to recognize outstanding young scientists and researchers in the field of small grain cereal and grass research in the UK. The excellence award will consider research contributions in both basic and more applied disciplines, as well as contributions of excellence to scientific outreach and promotion activities.
- Eligibility: PhD students (PhD not yet awarded) and early career postdocs (up to 5 year's post PhD graduation). We encourage UK-based academic and industrial applicants.
- Nominations: Applicants should submit a self-nomination. Applicants will be required to write one page (A4, 11 Arial font, 2 cm margin, including any figures) describing a specific piece of work and detailing what they have achieved and the importance/relevance of this work. Nominations should be accompanied by a supporting statement from the PI (or a senior colleague) of no more than 300 words. Applicants should also attach an updated 2-page CV.
- Criteria: The Monogram Steering Group will judge the applications based on the originality, excellence, and the significance of the work to the discipline of small grain cereal and grass research.
- Prize: The award winner will receive a £300 cash prize and will have the opportunity to present their work at the 2017 Monogram meeting taking place in Bristol, 4th-6th April 2017 (“Monogram Early Career Excellence Award” lecture). They will also be expected to write a short piece/blog for the Monogram website.
All documents (1-page personal statement, CV, and PI supporting statement) should be combined as a single PDF file and emailed to Monogram (email@example.com) by February 17th, 2017.
- 2016 MECEA PhD winners Blog entry - Jan Bettgenhaeuser
- 2015 MECEA PhD winners Blog entry - Katie Baker
- 2014 MECEA Winner Blog entry - Sacha Allen
- 2013 MECEA Winner Blog entry - Chris Burt